This one room school house, constructed in 1869, served 8 grades. Site today is North Main Street. Later the building became a social center for the community.
The log school house was constructed in 1856 in a grove of trees. The 16 x 20 foot one room structure was built from harvested trees from the nearby woods. The site location today is East Yahara Road.
(First Floor, southeast of the Circulation Desk) and the Foyer
“DeForest: A Story of Growth and Change" - Full gallery display created to commemorate over 150 years of Village existence, including vintage photographs, documents, and text which chronicle the history of DeForest. Presented in eight time periods.
In the Wall Display Case of the Gallery - "Let's play dolls." Featuring dolls and doll furniture from the 1940s.