February 15, 2018

1856 Log School House

The log school house was constructed in 1856 in a grove of trees. The 16 x 20 foot one room structure was built from harvested trees from the nearby woods.  The site location today is East Yahara Road.

School House With Bridge Back-School House With Bridge
Print Friendly, PDF & Email
January 30, 2018

DeForest: A Story Of Growth And Change

Photographs May-July, 2014 110

(First Floor, southeast of the Circulation Desk) and the Foyer

“DeForest:  A Story of Growth and Change” – Full gallery display created to commemorate over 150 years of  Village existence, including vintage photographs, documents, and text which chronicle the history of DeForest.  Presented in eight time periods.

In the Wall Display Case of the Gallery – “Let’s play dolls.” Featuring dolls and doll furniture from the 1940s.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Print Friendly, PDF & Email